- A message from your instructor
- Before you start...
- Introduction to Assault
- Intent with an action to apply force
- Attempted to apply force to a person
- Indirectly or Directly
- Threat, act or gesture
- Present Ability
- Understanding Assault QUIZ
- Introduction to self defence
- Justified and Reasonable
- Understanding Self-defence QUIZ
- Introduction to assault cycle
- Normal every day behaviour - your baseline
- Event that causes you to escalate - triggers
- Escalation that can happen following a trigger
- Crisis stage of when a physical assault occurs.
- De-escalation - recovering from escalation.
- Special circumstances to consider
- Physical factors to consider
- Special circumstances to consider
- Understanding Assault Cycle and circumstances QUIZ
- Introduction to stances & projection
- How to stand & project yourself
- Moving out of the way
- Positioning yourself with multiple people
- Creating space with a hold check
- Safe Separation with a check
- Escape & Evasion
- Understanding Stances QUIZ
- Introduction to communication
- Tones & Gestures
- Evaluating Intent
- Witness Awareness
- Giving them options
- Tell witnesses what you want them to see
- Communication QUIZ
“As a mother of all girls I found it very important for my girls to be able to look after themselves. Q, Vicky and the team at HardTarget gave them the tools, knowledge and the confidence to live in the world we live in today. So thanks to you, and thanks to the wonderful course you provide.”
““Hi Q, I want to thank you for the training I have received from you. One part of your training sessions involving confrontation with a knife wielder unfortunately happened to me in real life but fortunately with the training I received from you I was mentally and physically prepared for this particular scenario. Just four months after doing your training I found myself in an incident where I was attacked by an offenders attempting to take my motor vehicle. I was stabbed multiple times in my chest as I tried to escape being confined in the drivers seat of my vehicle all while strapped to my seatbelt. I want to advise you that much of the training I received from the course had a huge impact in the aftermath of the attack, more so how it significantly helped me mentally. During training you were committed to us the participants to enact lifelike scenarios and as a result of this when I was confronted by my attacker, I was mentally prepared, a scenario I was already familiar with was unfolding right before my eyes. Having been through your training has been an advantage, it has helped me move on with my life and dealing with my emotions mentally. Thank you Q! ” Ati”
Understanding the law & how the law protects us
How to become a hard target through knowledge and awareness
Some effective communication techniques
How to prevent conflict from escalating
Become aware of space and how to escape & evade physical conflict
How long can I have access to this course?
Once you have purchased this course you can have unlimited access to the content.
How long does this course take to complete?
Each chapter has videos which are mostly only a few minutes each. It will depend on how much time you spend practising scenarios that will determine time but we recommend lots of practise.
Do I need any equipment or gear to do this course?
No but if you have someone to role play with and discuss concepts that can be extra helpful.
Can anyone do this course?
Yes. We have designed the course with everyone in mind.
Does this course have a money back guarantee?
Yes, we are so confident in our courses that if for whatever reason you feel unhappy, have not learned new information or skills we are happy to offer you a 30 day money back guarantee.